Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chippy Dippy Bars

I'm still here!  I aplogize for being MIA for the last month!!
I hope all you mommies had a wonderful Mother's Day!  It was a beautiful day to top it off!  Today's post is a tribute to my amazing mother, Judy.  I want to be just like her when I grow up!  :-)
Mom is the strongest woman I know, yet she radiates joy, kindness and gentleness.  Her commitment of care to our entire family and my late father during his 20 some years of health battles, has been an incredible example of Christian love---in sickness and in health.    She loves to laugh and always has a smile on her face.  She taught me the importance and value of taking care of your family and that your faith is not what you do, it is who you are. 

AND SHE ALSO HAS AN ENORMOUS SWEET TOOTH!  So, in honor of mom, here is one of her favorite treats - CHIPPY DIPPY BARS!
Just a mix and bake recipe....here's the cast:


Easy Peasy people.....Mix one stick melted butter with 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.  Press into a square baking pan.  Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup chopped pecans.  Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk over the top (you can use fat free here too!) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Oh - My - Gravy!  These are over the top yum.   I think of my mom each time I bake them, so this is for you Mom!
They are oooey, they are gooey, they are rich, they will knock your socks off. 

I hope I can be as good of a mom to my little ones.....


 as she has been to me.  Here are a few more pics for you to enjoy!  I love you, Mom!

Enjoy~
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment