Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My favorite pasta!

What a crazy week this has been!  Sorry to delay posting but mom duty called!  My kids love pasta, especially my two girls.  This dish has become our all time favorite.  I first had this at an upscale restaurant in a nearby town......it is one of those things on the menu that once you have it,  you get it EVERY TIME you go there!  I always tell myself I am going to try something new, and I always end up ordering this because it is that good.
Your culinary world is about to change....are you ready?  Say hello to
Tequila Chicken Fettucine!!
On one particular visit to the restaurant with a couple girlfriends (who also happened to order this same dish, after telling themselves they would not!),  my friend said, "I'm going to ask the waiter if we can have this recipe".  Yeah, right, I thought....but they did!  Nice little waiter brought it to us all typed out!  Talk about great service, huh??? 

It is a simple recipe and my kids love it, although I usually leave the tequila out of the title when I tell them what it is called.  I don't need them running to their teachers telling them "mom fed us tequila for dinner"!  :-)
 
Begin by melting the butter in a large pan.  Add sliced onions and cook until soft.

Add pieces of chicken breast and cook until white.  Add a mix of sliced green, red and yellow peppers.  I just use green as the family isn't a huge fan of peppers.
Cook for about 5 minutes.  Mix together 6 T soy sauce and 6 T tequila and add to chicken mixture. 


Keep cooking and simmering until it looks like it has reduced by half.
Add 1 1/2 cup of cream---I use half and half to cut a few calories.  Continue to cook until it becomes thicker.   While this is cooking, boil your pot of water and cook some fettucine. 
After cream mixture is thickened, strain pasta and add to sauce.  Toss to coat.  You may add some cilantro is you'd like as well.  Voila!
This is a terrible picture, isn't it??  It doesn't do it justice...yours will look much better, if it lasts long enough to take a picture!

Tequila Chicken Fettucine

4 T butter
boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
1/2 sliced red onion
a variety of sliced red, green and yellow peppers
6 T tequila
6 T soy sauce
1 1/2 cup cream or half and half
Fettucine--cooked per package instructions
fresh cilantro to garnish
Heat butter in pan.  Add onions and begin to cook.  Add chicken pieces and cook until white.  Add tri peppers and tequila soy mixture and reduce by half.  Add cream and reduce until thick.  Add cilantro if desired.  Add warm pasta and toss.

It is creamy and rich, with great flavor from the tequila and sweetness from the peppers and onions.  Give it a try, it will become your favorite pasta dish too!
Here is my happy family enjoying it for dinner!
Please ignore the medium diet coke on  the table....those of you who know me know that I love a Mickey D's diet coke!  They are seriously better than anywhere else and fountain is definately the way to go....but that is another post.
Enjoy your night!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment